Thursday, March 13, 2014

Designer Spotlight!

Hi everyone, Melissa here and today I'm going to share with you how to paper piece your image.  This is really a very easy technique and it can really add a fun pop to your images.

First I printed out the DIGI image, in the size I wanted to work with. 



Next I decided what parts of the image I wanted to paper piece and then decided on patterned papers for those areas.  Once I had my papers choices I printed the image on them as well.  Keep in mind that smaller patterns are best. 

 


Now the hardest part, (ha ha) cutting out the pieces you want to use.  I use a smaller pair of scissors that are very sharp to cut out my pieces.  I cut as close to the outside line as possible and that makes fitting the pieces to my original image easy.




Once I have my pieces glued on I use Copic Markers to color the rest and add some additional color to the paper pieces.  Easy Peasy!!  Now this is all ready to be placed on a card or scrapbook page...



Be sure you check out our Challenge, and our new A Random Sketch challenge!


2 comments:

  1. I need to try this out. I have not done paper piecing. Thanks for the quick and handy tutorial! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...thanks so much for this tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete